Effortless VPS Reinstallation and Rebuilding with VirtFusion
Reinstalling or rebuilding your HyberHost VPS is a straightforward process with our Virtual Server Control Panel, VirtFusion. This powerful tool enables you to swiftly reconstruct your VPS using prebuilt templates for a quick and efficient setup. Additionally, if you prefer a hands-on approach, there is an option for self-installation, allowing you to manually install your operating system according to your preferences.
To reinstall or rebuild your HyberHost VPS using our Virtual Server Control Panel, VirtFusion, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to our VirtFusion Dashboard by visiting https://vm.hyberhost.com directly or clicking “Open Control Panel” from within our client area.
2. Choose the VM you want to reinstall, which will display a page containing all your server information. Scroll down to find the “REBUILD” option highlighted in a red box at the bottom of the page.
3. Now is the ideal moment to rename your VM and assign it a new hostname. This action will simultaneously update the RDNS/PTR records for any IP addresses associated with your VPS.
4. Please choose the desired Operating System for installation. The available options are determined by your VPS Package. If you have a “Windows VM” package, you can select from Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019, and Windows Server 2022. For those with a management package, only VM builds with our included management software will be visible. If you want to switch your package type, please contact our sales department, submit a ticket through our Client Area, or email email@example.com.
5. After selecting your operating system, if it supports this feature, you can effortlessly deploy SSH keys onto your VPS. Alternatively, you can generate a new SSH Key Pair by clicking “Add Key” and then pressing “Generate Key Pair” in the top right corner of the window. Utilizing SSH keys is highly recommended for enhanced security. Nevertheless, if you opt not to add an SSH Key at this moment, your root/admin password will be sent to you via email.
6. Just click the button labelled “Install with” followed by your chosen OS to proceed and wait for the process to finish. There’s no need to keep the tab open; you will receive an email once the reinstallation is complete.
Upon completion, you will receive an email resembling the following. Please be aware that if you choose to utilize an SSH Key, the password won’t be sent to you, as root login with a password will be disabled in the /etc/ssh/sshd_config file.
If you’re not currently a customer, explore our VPS plans available in the UK and Canada. Take a look at our packages by visiting https://hyberhost.com/vps/.